You best bet we saw our homeboys in Wallpaper. eventually get mega popular. I mean, it was only a matter of time these phat beats and orgasm inducing lyrics would infest the ears of the world via MTV and Jersey Shore (seriously). With a sharp edged and fun-tastic eight-song #STUPiDFACEDD EP (listen to the stream here) scheduled to be released July 26 (with guests Too Short and K. Flay), Wallpaper. can’t be stopped. In addition to supporting AWOLNation, the band has scheduled a few July dates throughout the state to commemorate the EP’s release.
WALLPAPER HEADLINE DATES with The Hood Internet!
July 20 San Diego, Calif. Casbah
July 21 Costa Mesa, Calif. Detroit Bar
July 22 Los Angeles, Calif. Troubadour
July 23 San Francisco, Calif. Great American Music Hall
WALLPAPER WITH AWOLNATION
August 3 Fayetteville, Ark. George’s Majestic Lounge
August 4 Dallas, Texas The Prophet Bar
August 5 Houston, Texas Warehouse Live Studio
August 6 Austin, Texas Beauty Bar
August 8 Tucson, Ariz. The Rock
August 10 Sacramento, Calif. Ace of Spades
August 11 Portland, Ore. Roseland
August 12 Reno, Nev. Knitting Factory
August 14 Boise, Idaho Knitting Factory
August 17 Salt Lake City, Utah The Complex/The Rockwell
August 18 Denver, Colo. The Summit Music Hall
This week, to celebrate the MTV sponsored EP release party at the Great American Music Hall on July 23rd, we have the man, the legend himself, Ricky Reed answer the world famous Kuestionnaire. Need I say more? Read it below!
1. Could you state your name and what you do in the band?
Ricky Reed, singer, writer, producer, chief officer
2. How would you describe your sound?
Loud. Inconvient & true. Enough bass to rattle your bumper and ruin your headphones.
3. What is your favorite local band?
My current favorite outta Oakland is my girl Kreayshawn. But classics are E40, Too Short, Digital Underground and Sly Stone. All bay area heads.
4. Any concerts that blew your mind recently?
One of the first Odd Future shows I caught in LA be4 all the hullaballoo. So wild, so weird, so much stagediving.
5. Any non-musical influences you would like to mention?
Cuban Sandwiches. Vancouver, New York Miami. Chevy Astro Vans. Neon shorts left out in the sun. Flip flops. Day drinking. Sunglasses.
6. If your music was to be the theme of a film/TV show, what would it be?
3AM Public Access Channel meets 21 Jumpstreet.
7. What musician/artist would you like to collaborate with for a day?
Sly Stone is one of my all time favorites. Snoop, Justin Timberlake. Pharrell Williams. Jamie Lidell, Shuggie Otis
8. What is the album you listen to on a cold rainy day?
Steve Reich – Music for 18 Musicians or cfcf or Lionel Richie anything.
9. List four songs you would listen to on a roadtrip?
Tom Petty – any song, Tom Petty – any other song, Tom Petty – any other other song, George Ben – Xica Da Silva
10. Where do you see yourselves in 7 years?
11. What is the last book you read?
How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis
12. Is image a factor in music or is it a waste of time?
Image is the only factor. Music is a waste of time. Know the right people, know what patterns on shirts are hot, do the right collabs, SELL OUT FIRST SHOW EVER IN BROOKLYN AT ALL COSTS. U good.
13. Any embarrassing moments on stage you would like to share?
Dick popped out my peehole but nobody knew but me.
14. Any favorite tour locations?
Japan, Austin, Oakland, Philadelphia
15. Lastly, what is your present state of mind?